Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photos to share

Blog Entries

Photos to share

Comments are welcome

Attached Images Attached Images
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Very creative and well worth a look!!

Great exposure and perfect focus too!!

You have better give the eggheads some camera and exposure details to keep their technical minds ticking over!!

Great job...now where are the rest???

Chris

Blog Entries
    Hey Chris -
    Thanks so much. I was thinking about doing the tech info but then decide to add other misc too.

I’m using a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi and an EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM zoom lens. There are many shots that I bracket so that there’s less for me to do during, “developing” or editing. My preference is to just tweak my scenes. Since I have some pictures that need a lot of enhancement or just too plain, I use those to hone my skills on the software.

Glimpse of the Bridge: 1/320 sec@f/14 -2EV
    I had made a couple of previous attempts to take my wife and walk the Brooklyn Bridge but the dates or time, were thwarted due to the weather.

Purple Dazzle 1: 1/60 sec@f5.6
    This little beauty was caught while walking during my lunch-time somewhere in the West Village. There was a very slight breeze and a photographer friend said to me, “Don’t breathe….” Meaning to help steady this hand held shot.

Multiple Archs: 1/80 sec@f/10
    Jerzey City Sunset: 1/800 sec@f/10 -1EV
    Windows Squared: 1/80 sec@f5.6

I misspelled Archs - it should have been Arcs. These 3 shots were taken in and around the Winter Garden of the World Financial Center.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

wow you have a great liking to patterns...

reminds me a bit of the August Rush movie where the kid walks around noticing all these sounds when other people walk by on their daily commute though the city.

not everyone can walk around and pick out these patterns...

good job!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks cameron! It's funny but I do a lot of walking, now that I think about it. I would really like to do more studio type work (just for fun) but unfortunately, I just don't have the space for it.
    SC358

sir it's very interesting
    and sharing this is a grate for us.
    i like all
    finest.

In every mysterious way, I am thankful for the 'spam' before which made me notice this particular post. I have been oblivious of its presence the last few days when I had the opportunity to 'sneak' in here!!

Patterns are fun to capture! I never get tired of them

I enjoyed 'sniffing' the Purple Dazzle and the Brooklyn Bridge (looks a little spidey to me!).

Just to 'add' one pattern from where I live!

The thorny exterior of our Esplanade (akin to Sydney Opera House?). This was shot to test my new lens.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

Nice shot Nagar!!

Yep, that spam slipped by me as well but the offender is now banned and posts about wigs have been removed!!

Chris

nice picture..

hai..
    i a new member media college...
    i like ur purple dazzale picture...

Blog Entries
    Thanks nagar - your shot really does have a spike(y) feel to it. Looking/viewing your surroundings for patterns can be tricky. Sometimes you just have to take the shot and/or take it from different angles. Partial images are sometimes hard for the viewer to relate to. It may be only something for the locals to make a connection with while others sometimes see only a pattern but with no relationship to what it is or what it means.

Welcome to Media College fazries and thanks for looking!
    SC358

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast