help emailing video clip

hi,
    am having problems attaching video clip to email on hotmail or yahoo. does anyone knows what i need to do.

thanks

Hi

Email accounts usually have a pretty small limit to what you can attach and unless it's a really tiny MPEG then they won't accept it!! It's also a very slow way to send video to others!!

Rather open yourself a free YouTube account and upload the video to them (YouTube will allow you to upload files as big as 1GB!!) then simply send the YouTube link via email to your friends. They will also appreciate the fact that they don't have to wait for a big file to download whilst checking their own mail!!

Chris

Agree with Chris. You can try http://www.vimeo.com too but it takes a while to get the video up (give it half a day at least)

If you really just want to send the file (up to 100mb), use yousendit.com.

The best, get your own FTP.
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

Yea i think most email providers have a 12MB attachment limit.

Listen to Chris!

Quote: cameron
    View Post

Listen to Chris!

Heh, actually it's only 10mb... I wish for 2mb more soon...
    Loong . Singapore

Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar
    Just to piggy-back onto this, if anyone wants free file hosting for most uses (including commercial) let me know via PM - I've got a paid-for hosting account with pretty much unlimited space. Heck, I might even open an account for media college users to use for their own work (but remembering that others can delete your files...).

So yeah, let me know :-)

James

Quote: lake54
    View Post
    Just to piggy-back onto this, if anyone wants free file hosting for most uses (including commercial) let me know via PM - I've got a paid-for hosting account with pretty much unlimited space. Heck, I might even open an account for media college users to use for their own work (but remembering that others can delete your files...).

So yeah, let me know :-)

James

Any restrictions on bandwidth? Others can delete my files, then what's the use of having that??
    Loong . Singapore

Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar
    Haha reading that back that last bit didn't make much sense.

I can offer either a 'private' FTP account for people to use (obviously legal restrictions apply such as no software, no 'adult' material etc)

or

I am considering opening my anonymous FTP up. I've tried it before but it didn't seem to work (I couldn't connect to it) as browsers wouldn't load up teh page etc.

I'll try again, but let me know whether this would be worth it or not.

James

by the way - no, no restriction on bandwidth, as long as you don't start using terabytes! Fair use applies, but I'm very fair :-)

Live the best you can.
    Quote: cameron
    View Post

Listen to Chris!
    I think that gmail got a limit of 20 MB, you can try that if the file is about 20MB.