How to connect sony trv320 camcorder to computer?

I connected camcorder Sony TRV320 to my computer using firewire (ieee-1394) cable. The firewire cable on the camera side is 4 pin and in the computer end its an USB. My system finds as unknown device. Where can i find the driver and how can i download the video to my computer. I lost the original driver comes with camera. Any help is appreciated.

I have never heard of a Firewire to USB converter, can't imagine that would work. Do you have Firewire on your computer?
    2 x Dual Core Xeon 3.0, Premiere Elements 1 - 7, Premiere Pro CS3, After Effects CS3, Soundbooth, Heroglyph, Vitascene, EncoreDVD http://muvipix.com

Thank you for your reply.

I don't have firewire port on my machine. In my camcorder i have firewire 4 pin( i.Link port IEEE 1394). Connected to my computer with USB on the other end. I also don't know whether this will work. Or i have to buy 4 pin firewire cable on both ends and connecting to computer that has firewire port?

It won't work that way, you need to connect the camcorder via Firewire.
    You can add a firewire card for about $20, it isn't hard to install.
    2 x Dual Core Xeon 3.0, Premiere Elements 1 - 7, Premiere Pro CS3, After Effects CS3, Soundbooth, Heroglyph, Vitascene, EncoreDVD http://muvipix.com

Blog Entries
    Beware: If one end of the cable is USB the other connector is smaller, it is a mini-USB connector. The same in regards to Fire Wire - then it is a mini-Fire Wire connector. There is no mixture of USB to Fire Wire.

You'll need the proper F/W cable with respect to the F/W interface connector, i.e. 400, 600 or 800.

SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Hi Chuck Engels, SC358. Thank you for your reply. I will install the firewire card and cable.

You really need to install firewire card on your computer, or to buy another camcorder with USB port. Just fun.