connecting external effects processer to mixer

I'm trying to find a way to connect a stereo effects processer to my Yamaha m2500 mixer. Do you have any ideas?
    Regards,
    Ivan Fegundez. Recording Technician, live sound technician, and mastering technician.

aux send to your efx, and out from your efx to one of the channel of your mixer.

shouldnt the m2500 have stereo aux returns?

i havent used one yet but most consoles of that size should...

if so,

Aux Send --> EFX Processor --> Aux Return...

make sure you run a full wet effect signal so you can use the aux send on the channel strips to adjust your desired level/intensity.

hope this helps!

Quote: cameron
    View Post
    shouldnt the m2500 have stereo aux returns?

i havent used one yet but most consoles of that size should...

if so,

Aux Send --> EFX Processor --> Aux Return...

make sure you run a full wet effect signal so you can use the aux send on the channel strips to adjust your desired level/intensity.

hope this helps!
    If there are any open channels, it may be better to run the FX into them. Still have a 100% wet mix on that channel, but that way you can put a little bit of the FX into the monitors if you need to. I like my monitors dry, because I want to hear what is actually coming out of my mouth, but some people swear by having a little reverb in their monitors.

I guess you are right Bassred!

Ive been playing with digital mixers lately so i kind of forgot about that!

I also find that some musicians want WAYY more reverb than most engineers are willing to dish out.. I usually use these cheap single channel reverb units from alesis.. they only cost like 80 bucks and I place them wherever needed. I wish they were cheaper so i could get my hands on more.. haha

Ah... Alesis Picoverb. that's the one..

I've used the Nanoverb a bit, not a bad sounding unit. was in a church install, so we had a nicer unit, but when I wanted to do 'special effects' like a splash of reverb from that and delay from the better unit, tap in the tempo and just ride it onto the tail-end of verse lines. wahtever, you get the picture.

Yeah, I had a guy who was sitting in on our rig (unannounced, of course) with his Casio keyboard to do some schmultzy stuff at the beginning of a wedding reception. He was using our rig for sound, and was demanding reverb in the monitors. I threw a little in there and walked away. He proceeded to tell me that his box mixer can put a LOT more reverb in the monitors than that, and I should get a better system... Meanwhile it was a rig with an Allen and Heath board (that could make mush with the amount of 'verb it could put inot the monitors) and a full rig with subs and 4 monitor mixes. His box mixer, for his Casio Keyboard, was better than my rig, though... I just told him that in my experience as a Real sound engineer, the better performers requested dry monitors..