I'm a mp4 dummy! Please help me!

I have an mp4 and i put like 10 cds from my collection on it and had to run to the store i left it hooked up and when i came back my laptop had died and all the music was gone. So i plugged up the laptop and tried to put them back on there. but ever since then it uses the memory but the music ain't there, or if the music is there when i'm finished it soon disappears. but the memory doesn't return. the memory is still used up. and now it won't take nothing. it says that is on there when i plug it up to the computer but not on the mp. and also if i delete it it still uses the memory. plus when i try to delete some it wont let me. some please tell what is going on. How do i get my memory back and why is it doing this?
    PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Hello Sharon,
    Sorry that your having all these problems but we need some preliminary info first.
    What is your OS and a bit of info on your hardware?
    What was the software you were using?
    Were you just converting your files to another folder or burning to a cd/dvd?
    When you say, "memory", do you mean a file(s) on the hard drive or file(s) in some sort of virtual ram?
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

I am so lost now!!

First off I have no idea what "OS" it much less what mine is. LOL! I will give you all the info I can but like I said I'm a mp dummy. I was using Windows Media Player, and I was trying to put my favorite cd's on my mp. I had to run to the corner mart by this time i had used 2.5gb of memory on the 8gb mp3 with music from my collection. So I drove to the corner mart grabbed a few things and got gas. I forgot to plug up my laptop before i left cause my battery was low, So when i get home my laptop is dead and all my music is gone so i figured it was because the battery died on my laptop. After fusing cusing and complaining about the past 5 hours of my life wasted, LOL. I went back and started over but now nothing will go on there and it says disk empty. i have put a some music on that say it's on there when i open the file on my computer but the device says empty disk, oh and u can't delete them. I now have less than 5gb left out of 8gb (32% used) and no music and can't put anything on it. I think it has crashed. What you think?
    OK here's everything i know about the device but it has nothing wrote on the device exceptMP4 DIGITAL PLAYER.
    And this is in the settings file.
    MP3 PLAYER FIRMWARE VERSION XID_1312_10 2007-10-11 9.1.52

please tell me you can help! Oh and SO SORRY it took me so long, I was out of town for Fathers Day!

Blog Entries
    I can't say that I can help you totally. I'm just trying to understand what kind of equipment you were using + your situation prior to your problem, before I can dispense the proper advice to help you out.

I didn't mean to complicate things for you. The OS I was referring to was your Operating System, like Windows 2000, XP, Vista, in PC land or Mac OS X (Tiger, Leopard, etc). At this point, I donít think it will matter

So in short, your laptop died during the transfer. Now when you look for your new files, you donít see anything listed on your MP4 but you realize that space has been eaten up that you cannot account for, so therefore you cannot delete what the player doesnít see.

Your MP4 has crashed but only related to the files, not as a system crash. A system crash Ė you wouldnít be able to do a thing with it. At this point, wipe out the MP4 and start again. Basically, itís lost the table of contents, like in a book. It only refers to that page before it knows where to go to playback your songs. I'm sure it sounds like a lot of work. It's tedious, I know but there's no way for you to rebuild a table of content unless you're a programmer/developer - which I think would be a lot more work...
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.