a talking head for my resume

sorry for the newbie post. I am looking to add a talking head to my resume. Bottom line, I am 46 yo and want prospective employers to see me before they contact me. I have access to MS Streaming Server on a web site that I control. I went to Staples yesterday and they had a cheapo web cam that was old and was only $12. It had a fairly low resolution. The newer ones advertise (for $49) 640 x 800. Is it worth getting a higher res cam for my use?

Blog Entries
    I doubt whether a better resolution would make much difference. Your talking head will probably be 320x240 or smaller anyway. Of more importance is the quality of the image, but again you're probably going to be okay with a cheapie. Most webcams provide an image at least equal to what you end up with on the web.

I hope I don't put you wrong here and recommend a lemon. If possible it would be good to check the quality of the camera and see if you're happy with it. The last time I bought a webcam the store people were happy to plug it into a computer and show me the picture.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Thanks Dave. I am really glad to see a response (although Staples closes at 9PM!) I am clearly out of work and don't want to spend the extra $40 if I don't have to. Anyway, so I get the cheapy Logitech, attach it to my port, and what do I use to record with? Something simple and shareware or demoware?

Blog Entries
    The webcam will probably come with software which will record. If not, there are applications available on the net but to be honest I wouldn't know which to recommend. I'm sure you'd be able to find something though.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

If your computer came with Windows Movie Maker pre-installed as most new ones do, with exception to Mac's, then you can use it to record from your webcam.

I am running win200 pro and the PC did not com with that program.