Freewebs Stuck in HTML

I acquired a website from freewebs.com (now webs.com) and the previous user used HTML mode.

Webs does not show or list any option to get into the normal user-friendly tools without upgrading.

Is there any way I can get out of this without paying money?
    I'd rather not change domain names.

It's a free website.

Thanks!

Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar
    Hi Truthbetold,

I had to dig deep to find this, but it's pretty much a dead-end.

Basically it says once you're in HTML mode, you're in HTML mode.

Here's the exact quote:

Downgrade Account to HTML

This will remove the Site Builder from your account and allow you to build / edit your site using HTML code completely. This is an Advanced mode and should only be used if you know how to build sites in HTML.

This process can not be reversed. If you downgrade your account level, you will no longer be able to use our Site Building tools. You will have to know and use HTML or software on your computer to edit your pages.
    Source: http://support.webs.com/ics/support/...questionID=499 (at the very bottom)

I don't know if it would work, but you could delete your site, and sign up again for the same name. Ask the support staff if it's possible - they'll probably say no, but if you haven't got anything to lose, give it a try.

It's also helpful to know a bit of HTML anyway, so you could always just stick with it and learn some stuff off w3schools.org - the best tutorial site I know.

Good luck,

James
    Last edited by lake54; 5th Jul 2009 at 18:08. Reason: Highlighted specifics in quote