Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar

Incorporating Flash by CSS

I got a template from t'internet, and I've customised so it looks pretty snazzy (yes, I left the credit line in don't worry!)

CSS is used to call an image to use as a header, with HTML placing text on top of that.

Is it possible to use a flash animation instead of the static image to display something a bit nicer?

One solution I guess would be to use a GIF file, but that could take up a lot of space.

Thanks.

James

OK I've just created the header, and tried playing both formats via the desktop, the GIF was extremely slow, and didn't include the text, so I'm thinking it's going to be much easier to do it via Flash.

Thanks,

James

OK I brought the SWF file via HTML rather than CSS, so I'll just leave it at that for now.

Thanks anyway!

I would normally build a fancy navigation bar in a table using straihgt html and use dreamweaver to do the mouseover buttons but I would like to start truly using css.How do I use css to create the same style of navigation? I have images that need to touch (no white space anywhere) and the bottom six images will have mouse overs.I also want to incorporate a flash animation in the middle of this. The idea is to have all of this in a centered div tag.
    Please show me the exact code to do this and if you have a site to use as an example that would rock!

Thanks for that - I actually just loaded the swf directly via the HTML, left it out of the CSS.

However, I am now encountering a (hopefully easy to solve) issue.

How can I tell the HTML to load the SWF from another folder (in a folder up from the current one, not a subfolder of the current folder)?

Ideally, as I'm using HTML to generate the content and layout, I want to use Flash files to make other stuff dynamic, but so that I don't have to update each bit.

Any ideas? I mean I could copy the flash files to each folder, but I may be getting quite a few folders, and to save a bit on bandwidth perhaps.

James

I would normally build a fancy navigation bar in a table using straihgt html and use dreamweaver to do the mouseover buttons but I would like to start truly using css.How do I use css to create the same style of navigation? I have images that need to touch (no white space anywhere) and the bottom six images will have mouse overs.I also want to incorporate a flash animation in the middle of this. The idea is to have all of this in a centered div tag.
    Please show me the exact code to do this and if you have a site to use as an example that would rock!

Stop spamming!

across the idea of Flash however, and wondered how that ties in with other web programming languages? Is Flash a standalone language, or does it work with HTML, XHTML, or some relative language. If anyone could give a basic summary of Flash and how it is used and 'plugged in' to a web page, it would be greatly appreciated.