Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help please

Help please

I have no experience in audio equipment and i have one question...I have an audio device from company diggram and on its audio input it has following pins (this are terminal block connectors)
    1. gnd
    2. left-
    3. left+
    4. right+
    5. right-
    6. gnd

Is it possible to connect on this port cable with 3.5 mm TRS connector on one side? And if it is possible what is the wiring?

Thanks in advance

Hi

I don't want to stear you wrong here without knowing what the device is and what you plan to hook it up to, so may I inquire as to that information?
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'

It is Pyko in and Pyko out box for streaming audio media over the ethernet network...I want to stream radio to another location...I will take an audio signal from my pc sound card 3.5 mm jack cable and another end of the cable I have to connect to Pyko in box..with those pinouts...is it possible...Thanks

Hi again

According to Digigram it would go like this:

Terminals 1,2 and 5 - sleeve
    Term. 4 (right channel) - ring
    Term. 3 (left channel) - tip.

I see a potential for EMI (electro-magnetic interference) problems if you use a cable more than 6 ft. long with a Pyko. I haven't played with one, but I hear things. Just be careful with the soldering at the 3.5 trs end, OK?

Happy streaming!
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'

thank you...a did exactly like you told me and it is working great...now it is a test period to test a wireless ethernet network (wireless link about 4 miles)...when I finish test and adjust wireless bridge I am going with professional 6.35 mm jack cables with balanced audio (left and right) from audio limiter/compressor. We are making fm station with wireless ethernet link from studio to transmitter site...not so professional

thank you

You are very much welcome

Hi everybody

Hi everybody,
    I am new to this site.I hope this site will help me to understand quickly
    I would like to say "hi" to all members Welcome to the forum.

Hm..I have one more question? When I use Pyko boxes the sound on fm radio is a bit metallic...is this because of pyko or it is because if wireless link...hm there is an option on pyko in which calls phantom. I don't really know what is it but it is turned on. is this the cause of metallic sound?

Best regards

Possibly. I am not sure. "Phantom" refers to a phantom power supply. It is, very bassically, A voltage superimposed on the wire to power a microphone or something else that wold otherwise need batteries. Turn it off, and see what happens.

Thank you...turning off the phantom wasn't helpful i find out that problem is with my wireless link ( Wi Fi). Changing the frequency leaded to improvement in quality of sound but we still have some metallic glitches from time to time...as a stream we are using mp3 at 192 kbps and the jitter buffer on pyko out is set to max...so I am wondering if I lower down the bitrate on 128 kbps...could this be helpful?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast