PA advice for a scout hall

Hi,

Recently we have completed the construction of our new scout building. The group is wanting a permantly fixed PA system within the hall.The hall is approximately 50 metres long by about 25 wide. It has a high roof and with a laminate flour acoutics are good. Would any body be able to point in the direction of a good system? i would be most gratefull.

Regards

Dan

1. What is the ceiling like? When you say acoustics are "good" - for what? Speech? Music? What kind/s of music?

2. What kinds of things will the hall be used for?

Two good questions. A 'system in a box' may work in a generic sense where the acoustics are 'OK', for the likes of a few public address announcements etc, but for any serious stage presentations where the need to hear articulation of speach and music content are concerned, a system should be designed after doing some math. (no,no not algebra, it's not supposed to have anything to do with life!).

if the former, may I suggest a medium size system from Carvin.com? If the latter, we can deffinately help you with the math and all that.

With the room size you said that would not be much of a problem, but you may find it neccisary to treat the room a little.
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'