Thread: Pro Audio Help

Pro Audio Help

Hi,
    Im doing an event and I'm not sure the best way to hook up all of the poweramps and speakers I currently use a tri-amp sytem but it wont be enough power and speakers. So I got more sets of speakers and amps. how do i hook the to my Drive rack. thank you.

Hi, MadMax,

any relation to Mel...?...never mind. I have no idea what the equipment you have is, so it is rather hard to give any advice, as I am sure all will agree. What equipment do you have?

Please list:

Amps-makes and models
    speaker cabs-makes and models
    Outbourd equipment in the chain, same
    Cables you have, like 1/4 to 1/4, xlr to xlr, 1/4 trs to xlr, etc.

It would also be helpfull (to me at least) to know what you intend to play through this system.
    Last edited by penniesfromheaven; 26th Jul 2009 at 01:07.
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'

Hi

I have 12 EAW KF300, and 8 Apogee AE 12s2 for subs. I have 8 qsc ex 4000 and 12qsc ex 2500 I have a dbx Drive rack pa that i think i need to upgrade to a better driverack . I need to know the best way to set this all up I have tons of Speakon 4 and 8 cables

I don't think the driverack has enough outputs to drive all your amps, so you may need to split a few of the outputs. I would check with DBX online tutorials. Which Driverack model? This has piqued my curiosity.
    Last edited by penniesfromheaven; 1st Aug 2009 at 04:27.
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'

DriveRack PA

hi,
    It the driverack PA there is no model number.I was think I might have to ungrade. I would like to stick with a sigle unit that takes care of all speaker control and processing such as compression aligment delay, limiting, cross over, eq, etc... DBX make models with more outputs I beilive. If you know of any other makes and models I would be interested in checking them out. thanks for your help.

Well, you're not going to get much better than DBX, if at all, for the $. That is just my humble opinion, though. Look up what model you have and then I can help you further. I also have no idea how you plan to configure your amps, as far as hi, mid, lows to what speakers, etc. Need more info from you! What is the room like, the stage, do you need anything in stereo, or all mono, type of music, stuff like that is all helpfull.
    Last edited by penniesfromheaven; 3rd Aug 2009 at 04:10.