Thread: I'm still alive

Blog Entries

I'm still alive

Well it's been a long time since I was here. I wouldn't know where to start trying to explain what's been going on in my life - let's just say 2009 has been my annus horribilis and leave it at that

I'm getting back into action this week. I'm hoping to get involved in this forum again pretty much straight away, albeit on a somewhat limited basis at first. No doubt there will be a bunch of messages to me that have gone unanswered. I can only offer my sincere apologies and undertake to try and tackle them as soon as I can.

Of course I also need to offer my heartfelt thanks to the good folks of this community who keep the forum going. You know who you are! As well as the old faithfuls, I see there are a few new faces since I was last here. I look forward to getting to know you.

I'm also really looking forward to getting back to work on this website. I'm aware that lots of things have been let go and we need to get a lot of new material for MediaCollege.com. As for the MC Media Player, my plan fell through and I need to do some soul-searching on that front. I'll let you know when I've had a chance to re-evaluate that whole project.

I have a few new ideas for MediaCollege.com and I can't wait to catch up with my workload so I can get stuck into building this site.

First things first though - right now I'd better get started reading messages....
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Welcome Back Dave!!!

You might like to add to your ever-growing list some way to stop the spammers from joining here!!

I'm currently banning them on a daily basis but most still just try again!!

No rush you can ease your way back in as and when you find a bit of time

Chris

Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar
    New face here, although we've already spoken :-)

Welcome back to the forum I guess then - although I'm actually about to go on holiday (in 12 hours (can't wait!!!)) for two weeks so I'll probably miss any reply!

Can't wait to see the new material!

James

Alive's the word. Trust things are looking a little better now for you.

There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

Hi Dave I'm new here and just thought I'd say hello.

Hey, Dave, welcome back!

Just another Dave.
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'

Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar
    OK kinda hijacking here, but just a quick note to say that I'm back off holiday and am therefore alive :-)

James

warmly welcome back, Dave

Now that the Admin is back I think I'll come back here more.
    Be curious always! For knowledge will not acquire you; you must acquire it.

Blog Entries
    Okay so my return didn't go as well as hoped. Seems there's a new surprise for me every week. Last week it was a heart attack in the family (he's going to be okay) and this week it's a sudden change in the time frame for our new office (it's being finished next week).

Anyway, thanks for the comments. I'm doing my best to catch up but I've got some urgent jobs to do by next week - like dig two cable trenches to the new office
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com