Creative Web Development

Confusion about Web Development languages

When we have more options , we have more confusion in choose the best one. I found the example of this as below for Web Development.
    PHP is the first and most used web development. PHP (PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) is an HTML-embedded programming language which executes scripts on a server and allows web designers to create dynamic content that interacts with databases. It supports the use of database servers such as MySQL, Informix and Solid.
    Joomla! Is a free, open source content management system for publishing content on the World Wide Web and intranets.
    Magento eCommerce platform combines the flaxibility open-source technology with industry-leading features to provide merchant unprecedented control over store operations
    Ruby on Rails is one more open source web application framework extensively used recently in web application development. It become more popular due to its philosophy called “don’t repeat yourself”.
    These all are popular languages for web development but please help me for choose best in it for create my new website.

Regards
    Shoun White
    Web Developement Company

PHP is a scripting language, originally designed for producing dynamic web pages. PHP is a recursive accronym, it stands for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor. It has evolved to include a command line interface capability and can be used in standalone graphical applications.
    While PHP was originally created by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1995, the main implementation of PHP is now produced by The PHP Group and serves as the de facto standard for PHP as there is no formal specification. Released under the PHP License, the Free Software Foundation considers it to be free software.

now a days more people use .Net than PHP. there is some negative marks in php as it a open source its easy for hack. (MYSQL database very easy for hack).