Graphics Go Bump When Zooming.

Hi All,

I'm just starting to study web design and have been getting to grips with photoshop. I have created a few graphics such as buttons and such which i think look quite good but to my horror the graphics mess up when zooming in or out in firefox. They look like the color depth drops to 16 bit and generally horrible. I have used a number of gradients and highlights while making them, is that the issue or is there anything else i could try rather than redesigning them all! Also I drew them on a 1000X1000px canvas and reduced them to size using the 'save for web' option. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Blog Entries
    Hard to say without seeing it - can you provide the URL?

Also, is there any reason to think people will zoom in on your web pages? That's not a common behaviour, unless maybe your text is quite small.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

I agree that users don't typically zoom on a page unless the font size is too small, and at that point they're probably not looking at the pictures anymore anyway.

Also, as far as I know browsers just use an approximation when they're asked to make an image larger or smaller. So if they're saved at a higher resolution, they will look a little better when zoomed in on, but that also means the file size will be larger.

Basically, I don't think it's worth the effort.