Compare two human hummings

I want to develop an application where the user can find a song by humming the tune of the song.www.midomi.com is such a web application.I just want to get an idea so that I can have a head start.Can anyone help...
    Thanks in advance...

Blog Entries
    Wow - as simple as it sounds, it's such a big undertaking! Actually, that seems difficult especially if you don't hum the tune correctly. Reminds me of the old TV show, "Name That Tune". Then a search on a musical database? I guess catagories must be specified to narrow down the amount of searching.

But I'm not clear on the help you are asking for. We're mostly troubleshooters from many disciplines - very few of us are at the cutting edge of trends and developments. Please specify your needs or requirements.

SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Yea, wow, I tried the link and it only matched 1 time out of 14 tries, and I'm a decent singer. I looked at the source file but it didn't reveal anything. Something like it would involve a rather large data base of songs I suppose and a real good speach recognition program of sorts. I haveno idea how to go about even researching it. I like the idea though.
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'

Hi,
    thank you for your reply...Well,I too understood how complex it is.It is a risk to take on that midomi like project to do alone within the given time..I would try it later,may be after getting the degree.Now I am going to do a project for time table sheduling using genetic algorithm..I was very happy to see your reply and even tried to send you a PM.Take care friend...

Budusarani