How to convert family dvd

I have some family dvd's that I would like to put on the web for other family members to watch, I would like to know what is the best way for quality and also for file size/download time to accomplish this.

What tools would I need.
    What is the best format.
    Can I do it so they wont have to download any players?

Thanks
    Last edited by gffb; 16th Aug 2009 at 01:13.

Hi

Your best idea would be to use Dave's player on your own website and then anyone can watch it without needing a player. You can also put it up on YouTube which is probably the easier way as they will convert your files for you.

Chris

Quote: ChrisHarding
    View Post
    Hi

Your best idea would be to use Dave's player on your own website and then anyone can watch it without needing a player. You can also put it up on YouTube which is probably the easier way as they will convert your files for you.

Chris
    I have my own web-space so I dont really want to use you-tube.

Dave's player? what is this and where do I get it?

Does dave's player convert it all for me though or do I need other tools?

Hi
    On the forum go down to the last heading and you will see Dave's free players!!
    Unforunately you will need to convert the files yourself to FLV format but there are plenty of free convertors on the net!!

I personally use Dave's "Classic" player cos it allows you to create a playlist so the user can select which video they would like to watch or just sit back and watch them all!! All you need are the files supplied on the player downloads section and upload them with your video files. Your website will need just one line of code to run the Javascript file for the player.

Here is how well the player works!!
    http://www.weddingvideoswa.com/sample.html

Chris