question about recording 2 or more tracks

Hey guys, I decided to resurface. I have a question about recording 2 or more tracks with a daw. I'm using Sonar 8, and was wondering if this could be done. Can I somehow, let's say set up a drumb kit, mic it, and track, then some how be able to change individual pannings and such? Can this be done?
    Thanks for the help.
    Regards,
    Ivan Fegundez. Recording Technician, live sound technician, and mastering technician.

Ivan, how ya doin'?

Please don't tell me you bought the thing without knowing what it can do?

Yea, alot of tracks! Drums, bass, synths, guitars, NY Philharmonic part by part...

Read the manual!
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'

Hey man, good to talk to ya again! I know What sonar itself can do, but I'm wondering what hardware would I need to record more than one track at once? I'm guessing I need more than my internal sound card correct?
    Quote: penniesfromheaven
    View Post
    Ivan, how ya doin'?

Please don't tell me you bought the thing without knowing what it can do?

Yea, alot of tracks! Drums, bass, synths, guitars, NY Philharmonic part by part...

Read the manual!
    Regards,
    Ivan Fegundez. Recording Technician, live sound technician, and mastering technician.

A/D converter for each input, basically, for multitracking. They come in many sizes and flavors. It will be a box with multiple inputs for mics, guitars, etc, and an output or so to go into your sound card. It is a digital multiplexer that streams all the inputs to your virtual mixer.
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'

I am not sure of the capabilities of Sonar, but yeah, what Pennies said. I have the Presonus Audiobox. It's a 2 in- 2 out A/D,D/A (Analog to Digital, Digital to Analog) converter. I can record two tracks at a time with it, then just record more tracks on top of those and mix them together ( I use SAWstudio for most recordings, Cubase LE came with the unit).

The capabilities are pretty cool, I have even gone to using my laptop with the AMplitube programs as a real-time amp simulator. I can plug right into the PA or a small combo amp and get any sound I want, and they really sound good! (My guitar players are tone gurus, and they approve of the sounds in that program!!).

http://www.google.com/products?q=audiobox&hl=en&aq=f
    http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com...dio-interfaces