Professional Advice is urgently needed

Please help with a sulotion now,
    Someone brought a movie for me to edit, infact the person came from another country, but the biggest challenge is, the video was shot on CANON XL 1s and the videographer recorded with info displayed on the footage, info like, battery level, tape indication, date & time, and other info displayed on the recorded tapes. The owner went and callected the same camera so that i can removed this infos, but am just trapped, i dont know how to it. can anyone suggest how or what steps to take to remove this messages.
    thank you.
    Am waiting for your advice please, I need to start editing straight away. am using pinnacle studio 12 ultimate to edit.

I didn't know you could actually record all of that stuff to the tape, but if it is on the tape you won't get it off.

Have you actually played the tape on a TV?
    2 x Dual Core Xeon 3.0, Premiere Elements 1 - 7, Premiere Pro CS3, After Effects CS3, Soundbooth, Heroglyph, Vitascene, EncoreDVD http://muvipix.com

Yes I've played it on tv and all of them are showing. I used fire wire to capture on system, yet it show all the info. what can I do to remove it.

Hey Chuck

Me neither!! My old Panasonic SD cams could send the info data to the composite port if you told it to but firewire was always just video.

I guess the XL1 is different!!

Once it's on the tape ..that's the end!!! To make double sure, I would go thru an XL1 menu and see if you can turnoff the info and recapture but it sounds doubtful!!

Chris

I can ask friend of mine, he has used the XL1 a lot in the past.

If there isn't any way to get it off of the tape then the next best thing would be to either crop it out or put some kind of mask over those parts.
    2 x Dual Core Xeon 3.0, Premiere Elements 1 - 7, Premiere Pro CS3, After Effects CS3, Soundbooth, Heroglyph, Vitascene, EncoreDVD http://muvipix.com

Here is what my friend has to say

here's what I know about the XL1. You can remove the "data code" from the display during shooting by pressing the "data code" button on the infrared remote control. It is possible that this could also be the case for playback. I would be very surprised if it were possible to record all that data on the tape, it's probably just a display setting on the camera.

Thank you chuk Angel, if the option of removing it from camera is exausted, then, can you or anyone help me with any software that can remove it for me. please help now bcos am running out of time!!

As I see it, the camera captured in 4:3, and then its "just" to remove/crop to 16:9.