transferring from a micro-VHS to digital

I want to record something with my VCR camera and then transfer it to a format on the PC. Three questions: 1) how do I do the transfer? 2) what application do I bring it into? 3) I'd like to edit it and then load it up on my MS Streaming server; what do I edit it with and what format will MS streaming server take?

Blog Entries
    Quote: richb2
    1) how do I do the transfer?
    See our non-linear editing tutorial for instructions on how to connect your camera or VCR to your computer.

2) what application do I bring it into?
    What do you have? You will need some sort of capture/edit program. This can be anything from Windows Movie Maker (free with Windows XP etc) to Adobe Premiere . If you want good results you will need to spend some money - do you have a budget?

3) I'd like to edit it and then load it up on my MS Streaming server; what do I edit it with and what format will MS streaming server take?
    You can edit it with any program as long as you are able to export as a Windows Media file. You will need to check with your capture/edit program to see if you can do this. MS servers will be happy with MWV or ASF files. See our Windows Media Tutorial for more details.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com