Wiring amps and subs

I got 2 apogee AE-12s2 and a qsc ex 4000 i wanna run them in mono how do i wire speakons to run subs in series/parrallel. I want them to be 8 ohms not 2 please help me out.
    Last edited by MadMax; 4th Sep 2009 at 13:15.

Max,I went back to read all your posts, and at this point I think you should give us an outline of what you want to do, because you seem to be just adding stuff before you know how to use it. Now, I am the last person that should say this, but are you studying the manuals?
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'

Hello

Hey I know im kinda all over the place I have been reading live sound reinforcment book and it has been giving me new ideas. I want to run the subs in mono and before i didnt. I hooked it up but it's at 2ohms and thats not the best for my amp or subs. I read about serial/parellel and found out i could hook all the subs up and it would become 8 ohms I want to use speakon connectors so I was hopping that there was a way to achieve this.

Well I'm glad you're studying, and digging right in as you are is really the best way, experimenting, ya know?

I haven't wired up any speakons for a few years, like 10. I trick others into doing it for me. It should be easy though to do series/par. How many speakers and how would you LIKE to arrange them on stage?

I will set you up a wiring diagram if you need it. Cool?
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'

Thanks

I want to run 2 of the subs this way. Im makeing a small set up for a small hall for this band im running sound for in a few weeks. I currently run a bunch of em in par so overloading amp is not an issue. but i wanna use smaller set up in this hall and i want a big bang for the size of the system. so 2 of the apogee subs one qsc ex 4000 amp also i have been reading about faceing subs twards each other to get more even bass response can you tell me if i can do this with two subs and if so whats the proper distance between the two thanks for your help
    Last edited by MadMax; 8th Sep 2009 at 01:17.

I got it

After some research and experimenting I figured it out all set with Sub hook up and 8 ohms achieved ^^jack pot