Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Derek

Trim

Thanks for the help but i used a program called fraps to record the sparkle video and import that way. For some reason i cant seem to be able to trim my movie clips. it is really frusturating and i cant even find the help area.

Blog Entries
    I've made a quick page showing how to make the sparkles clip. It's a bit labourious. I hope it makes sense:
    http://www.mediacollege.com/video/sp...kles-file.html
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Star Trek Next Generation Transporter Effect

Dave, I read your tutorial on creating the Strar Trek Transporter effect using Adobe Prem. Wish I'd seen it before doing my Vegas holidday movie. Never mind. I was nearly on the right track.

I was wondering if you'd be able to post a tutorial on doing a Transporter effect based on the ST Next Gen series. I did find a page where a chap did a brill Transporter effect based on STNG Nemis movie using After Effects and it looked really cool. There was only Video clip but nothing on how he did it. I'd love to be able to do one similar for my next holiday movie. My brother took me to Las Vegas last year as a special treat. Even more special was a visit to the Star Trek The Experience.

Any help you could give would very much appreciated.

Christopher

Blog Entries
    I'm very jealous, I've always wanted to go to the Star Trek Experience

I'm sorry I'm not going to be able to help any time soon on the TNG transporter effect. I've got too much on my plate at the moment. It's something I certainly want to do, but it will be a bit harder than the TOS effect and I can't find time to do it right now. If anyone else would like to offer some tips I'm sure it will be appreciated.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Quote: Dave
    View Post
    I'm very jealous, I've always wanted to go to the Star Trek Experience

I'm sorry I'm not going to be able to help any time soon on the TNG transporter effect. I've got too much on my plate at the moment. It's something I certainly want to do, but it will be a bit harder than the TOS effect and I can't find time to do it right now. If anyone else would like to offer some tips I'm sure it will be appreciated.
    Aww Dave, Thank you so much for getting back on this so quckly. I fully understand and appreciate what you're saying with regards to having the time and the effect being more involved. I did notice in the STNG clip that I saw, the same Technique with the black matte. I do have to say though that I really love your Transporter effect and you explain it so very well and it is easy to follow and understand; it's so cool.

I'm waiting to upgrade my memory to 1Gig this weekend so that I'll be able to install and run Adobe Premier Pro CS3 and I will be practicing with your Transporter files.

Well I do hope that one day you will get the chance to visit Star Trek the Experience It's well worth it. Even paying the extra money so that you get to go back stage and have your photo taken on board the Enterprise and in a Borg Alcove. The one thing that did sadden me greatly was the Turbo lift on the Enterprise; it was nothing like and had a Corrugated wall which made it look as though you were inside a Trash can, real sad. Though I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Transporter effect when you're beamed aboard the Enterprise and find yourself on the Transporter pad.

All the best
    Christopher
    Last edited by chuacerchris; 7th Jun 2007 at 13:54.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12