Thread: Samsung Cam

Blog Entries

Samsung Cam

I was just reading about the new Samsung Dual View TL225 camera (visit the local Samsung website in your region). It seems quite interesting - touch screen, point and shoot with a nice wide angle to telephoto zoom lens, also does H.264. Since it's new, it's up there in the price range.

The part that confuses me, is that it's still jpeg @ 12.2 Megapixels. Why would you have a great capture camera and compress the image? To me, it's like shooting High Def quality and saying the content is for small screen devices - what's the point?

It looks like the HD is really more HDV quality but the zoom is noisy and gets recorded into the audio - some trade off, huh? Well, if all you need is just the video quality and plan to put music over it - it would be a cheap HD capture device.

So all those on a tight budget - how would you use this? Remember, there are technical trade-offs on this.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Yes, it seems like a good camera. I heard a lot of good posts about this latest samsung camera. Im planning to get one this month.

Thank you for buying a Samsung Camera.
    This manual will guide you through using the camera, including
    capturing images, downloading images and using the application software.
    Please read this manual carefully before using your new camera.
    .. This manual is based on model Digimax S600.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGVz3HApAng

i have Canon digital camera water proof and really its picture printing resolution is much better than all
    Certified Packing Supplies in USA

I don't havea cam like that.

Quote: gandaria7001
    View Post
    Thank you for buying a Samsung Camera.
    This manual will guide you through using the camera, including
    capturing images, downloading images and using the application software.
    Please read this manual carefully before using your new camera.
    .. This manual is based on model Digimax S600.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGVz3HApAng
    Hmm... have you given the right link?

Samsung has not ventured deep into the DSLR region, and they are not working with any of the known names featuring compacts with RAW image features (like Ricoh, Panasonic, Canon and Nikon). The only other formats you get with such cameras are tiff or jpeg being the most common.
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore