obegun

Yamaha EMX 5000-20

Hie guys,how are you.I am using a yamaha emx 5000-20 powered mixer to do audio in church.I would like to know how i can connect 2 monitors to supply sound to the platform.Currently am using 4 speakers but they all are feeding sound to the congregation.It would be nice to hear from you how i can pick up the sound which is assigned.By this i mean like on which monitor 2 send vocals only or instruments.Thanks.

Hi Obegun,

I guess there are a few ways to set up monitors with this one. Your best bet is to study the manual, really, since it gives you more specific info.

If you use the aux bus, that is, sending a portion of each channel to the aux bus via the channel strip knob labeled aux, and take the output from the aux out jack, you will need an amp to drive the monitors. You could also use one side of the stereo out main for the main speakers and the other side for the monitors, if the impedences work. The manual will show this.

My computer is messing up; will get back.
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'

Quote: obegun
    View Post
    Hie guys,how are you.I am using a yamaha emx 5000-20 powered mixer to do audio in church.I would like to know how i can connect 2 monitors to supply sound to the platform.Currently am using 4 speakers but they all are feeding sound to the congregation.It would be nice to hear from you how i can pick up the sound which is assigned.By this i mean like on which monitor 2 send vocals only or instruments.Thanks.
    Hi,

I am using the same mixer in our church, and yes... you can easily send 2 monitoring channels back to the stage. BUT you need another amplifier OR active monitor speakers.

In the mixer you use the aux1 and aux2 buttons in each channel that you want to add to the aux1 and/or aux2 mix. And with the aux1, 2 master faders you control the output. In most cases we use aux1 for vocals' monitors, and aux2 for musicians' monitors.

Good luck, and greetings from Holland