Home Stereo Interference from Ham Radio operator

Greetings! When playing my TV or Ipod through my home stereo, my speakers are picking up interference. It is a one-sided conversation from what appears to be a ham radio operator. This started happening during the past couple of months. Since then I have discovered that a neighbor has a couple of very large antennas on his roof. I suspect the interference is coming from him. Is there a device available to prevent this? Can the ham radio operator change his frequency channel to stop this? Please help! Thanks, Mike

Home Stereo Interference from Ham Radio operator

Hey,

Most ham's are very conscious about causing interference with their neighbors. The best thing to do is to talk to your ham neighbor about it. If he's causing the interference, he will do whatever he can to eliminate it.

If he's not the guy, he may be able to help you figure out who it is.

There are other posts on this forum dealing with radio interference; you can search. Just one comment here: If the ham suggests running a wire from your equipment to an earth ground, tell him that's not likely to work. At radio frequencies, there is no such thing as an earth ground at any significant distance from the ground point.

If you continue to have trouble, suggest to the ham that he should get on this forum, where we can work together.