Blog Entries

Internet Video is TNBT (again)

Another article claiming that video is about to take over the Internet....
    http://news.com.com/Video+content+se...?tag=nefd.lede

There certainly does finally seem to be a trend towards more grass-roots video production and distribution. We've seen more people in these forums recently promoting their own films, and I've noticed more news items about video blogs. Now that fast Internet connections are almost standard in developed countries the time could be right.

I'm still somewhat skeptical that it will be TNBT (The Next Big Thing) in the way that some commentators are predicting. I think it will continue to be a slowly developing field rather than a sudden flood.

The article above mentions www.ourmedia.org, a free video hosting site. This is definitely worth a look if you need a platform to showcase your work. Unfortunately after waiting 5 minutes to download a short 3MB clip with no luck, I gave up.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Blog Entries
    I suspect the flood will arise from those newbies/wannabes writers/producers/directors who have no means to distibute their own works. The technical and creative in production and post industries has always been a difficult niche to break into. With today's technology breaking down the barrier from, "specialization" to "general public" useage, will create a new paradigm (or maybe I should say a shift rather than new?). With the loss of this barrier, I think you actually lower the standards for many things. Will there be more starving, technical artists?

I wonder what it will mean to have a Broadband Netcaster that creates weekly or daily shows for the web? Will a group finally create a standard for video streaming or will a variety of software be the standard? No commercials and uncensor for paid subcribers? That was the original idea of cable tv. It meant, I'm paying to see shows without commerical interruption. But the greedy tv/cable stations weren't making enough since they were only a provider of entertainment and not a direct distributor (as in cable company).

It will be interesting to see what happens to a company that says I have 500 terabytes of video from all over the world - now what?

Unfortunately, I'm not a business man hence my lack of vision of a business model.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Not a businessman...well how about this for a business model

VMDirect,

This company has launched in US, Canada, now in Europe - UK, Ireland, and Scotland-. Mexico on September 1. Of course it will get to NZ and Australia and the rest of Asia soon enough.

It seems a more natural way to communicate. I speak faster that I type. I can express emotions and your can see my body language.

Remember cell phones when they first came out.......who would want another phone anywhere other than at home. I won't be seen dead logging that huge thing around. The batteries weighed tons............but now? There are all sing, all dancing cell phone.

“By the 2005, video e-mail or pointers to rich content media will replace text messages s the online communication mechanism. Test-based e-mail will seem as archaic as black and white TV” –Forrester Research

How many of you are watching black and white TV or carrying 5kilos of cell phone with you?

Well if you are not..........You are in line with the 21st century.
    See these links for the shape of things to come
    http://www.vmdinfostorm.com/c-bron/site
    http://www.vmdirect2.com/?ID=c-bron

I hold these views to be true. I am affiliated to VMDirect, so research the facts and make your own decision.

Re: Internet Video is TNBT (again)

Hi,

I am also a VMDirect affiliate in the UK. I have been in IT about 15 years and was made redundant 2 months ago (that not a lie). I had a look at these products and really like them. I had never heard of video email and especially not VMDirect. Surprisingly I find that most of my friends have also not seen it. I have started showing people slowly to test the waters (I have been an affiliate for 3 weeks). I am amazed at the good response. I have recruited 4 new distributors just by way of mouth.

They are also confident that video email is easy to sell as they mentioned it to there friends and most of them want to have a go.

I personally think that once broadband in the UK speeds up a bit more then video will become a big trend. It may be a little slow for 6 months, but with companies like VMDirect expanding so fast because of their affiliates and generous comensation plans, it will penetrate the market (well I am really hoping for it).

If any one wants to learn more about the opportunity please visit:

http://www.getworldpassport.com/multimedia-era

thanks

Welcome,
    Great to have you here.
    I learn a lot form this site. I hope you will too.
    I will be in the UK in December...seeing family and friends in Cheshire.

Congratulations on joining VMDirect. Like you, I see how this is the future of communication (personal and business).
    Good luck

Here is a link to BBC's proposal for P2P TV.
    http://www.streamingmedia.com/article.asp?id=9205

They still don't get it. At least not all of it. People are interested in creating their own content and distributing it and not just satisfied with watching old "Dr WHO" episodes.
    We want our own passport to this creative world......a piece of the pie!

What do you think?

Blog Entries
    I came back because I wanted to start another thread on TNBT. When I re-read this one, I realized that every so often, you do need to look back to see, "where" you came from and if you're still heading in the right direction or are in need of a course correction.

Check out the Dave's news link to a writer's vision back then.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.