Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar

Forum Categories

I've been thinking, some of the categories on the forum get used a load, whilst others are fairly quiet.

For example, the video forum contains posts pertaining to buying, capturing, accessorising, editing, other post-production, as well as a lot of other things related to the broad category of Video.

Perhaps we could have sub-forums, such as Pre-Production, Production, Post-Production?

I think it would help a lot of people out, and certainly help people find questions for them a lot quicker.

James

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the suggestion. I do like the idea of sub-forums and I expect that we will do just that at some stage, however at the moment I don't think we have quite enough activity to warrant it. There are pros and cons of creating more forums and I think you need a certain number of posts per day to make the equation stack up in favour of them.

I'm going to be doing some promotion this year to try and attract more visitors. I'll wait until we've upgraded the software and perhaps at the same time consider new forum categories. One option I've often thought about is separate forums for Adobe, Final Cut, etc. There are probably quite a few other possibilities as well.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com