Blog Entries

New tutorials - video formats

This one is a work in progress - a section containing information about various video formats from Betamax to Quicktime. We hope to add a lot more information over the coming months.

www.mediacollege.com/video/format
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Singleton
    Good idea Dave, I think this will be a useful section of your site.
    Keep up the good work.

Blog Entries
    I like the idea too. If I come across other resources, how can I submit them to you for your decision?
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys

SC358: if you want to recommend a link to another website, use this form.

If you want to recommend some material to use in this site, well to be honest we haven't thought about it before. With only a couple of exceptions the material at this website is all original so we don't really have a system in place to submit new resources. Perhaps just use the feedback form.

Another option would be to use the "Visitors Articles & Tips" forum to post helpful material. It hasn't been used much but it's there if you'd like to get it going. We only ask that anyone posting there respects copyright - we don't want to be pinching material from other sources.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Thanks for the format comparisons. For some reason resolution information is usually hard for me to understand. but this is good.

Could you include some information or links on the formats used in the old portable reel to reel video tape machines? I know there are some pages on Wikipidia about studio formats but they mostly focus on Quad rather then the machines I remember seeing in the 70s hooked up to what were called "closed circuit televisions." They were really just monitors.... I think this format was called VTR but that is a guess based on the back of an old monitor I have acces to...

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the feedback

I'll put this on my to-do list. Unfortunately I don't know much about the old reel-to-reel formats so I'll have to research it.

The way my to-do list is looking I'm afraid it could be some time away
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com