Any HD CRT's Available (Un-opened)?

I'm amazed just about every TV making company just stopped making these thinking people are only obsessed with thin panel displays (although this notion is probably correct). Nonetheless, I was wondering if there are still any around, ones that fit what I want, and I'm looking for unused ones. Personally I'm looking for HD CRT's that are 24", if there are none than 26", but no bigger or smaller than these two measures.

Blog Entries
    Quote: Meteora
    View Post
    I'm amazed just about every TV making company just stopped making these thinking people are only obsessed with thin panel displays (although this notion is probably correct).
    Hi Meteora - this was planned out several years ago by manufacturers and governments to keep new business flowing. Nobody in the industry was really thrilled about it either because there were no hi-grade (broadcast quality) monitors available at the time. That's why manufacturers had to resolve the problem double time. I consider myself blessed at a time when many of us were use to crt's because we knew what to expect. We knew what was a video artifact, crt colorimetery, voltage and magnetic distortions. And I really think an HD crt was one of the best displays ever but unfortunately they also had their physical limitations. The largest HD crt I had to deal with was 32" and that weighed close to 180 pounds. Who want's do deal with that at home? Even though I also like HD flat screens, in the consumer world, I don't trust them. I don't think people are obsessed, they have no other choice. Whatever crt is out there now is probably on it's last leg. Whatever was built just before and just after the turn of the millennium was not built to last very long.

Hey - lots of luck on finding your crt that someone is willing to give up!

SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Sony still makes some, but the largest is 20". And the price is a bit steep but I gaurantee you the quality is unsurpassed.

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/cat-mon...ationmonitors/