Free Web Design Templates

It appears that the website templates are "public domain" and are, therefore, okay to use and modify for commercial use.

(Most of them look like they're geared for commercial use.)

The terms don't state that any link is required. (http://www.mediacollege.com/download...tes/terms.html)

Is this accurate? Thanks, in advance.

hi,

Try to visit Template monster or weebly to make your website.
    Certified Packing Supplies in USA

Rights ...

Hi, thanks but my question is just to verify permission rights, not how to build the site at this point.

Quote: sunrise09
    View Post
    It appears that the website templates are "public domain" and are, therefore, okay to use and modify for commercial use.

(Most of them look like they're geared for commercial use.)

The terms don't state that any link is required. (www.mediacollege.com/downloads/website-templates/terms.html)

Is this accurate? Thanks, in advance.
    Why shouldn't that be? From what I read there, yes, you can do very well.

Also the definition of "Open source software" dictates that these are the software or part of the software whose source codes are published (as in those HTML templates) and made available to the public, enabling anyone to copy, modify and redistribute the source code without paying royalties or fees. Descriptive enough?

Did you by the way try that "contact" link? I'm sure you'll find these people more than just helpful.. (though, don't ask me 'how' - it's just a saying)

p.s. I didn't know there were free web sites "almost in every color" within MC domain..

regards;
    Last edited by kunter; 4th Dec 2009 at 15:30. Reason: I always re-edit
    - kunter ilalan web designer
    follow him on twitter and on MediaCollege

Thanks! :)

Yes, I just wanted to make sure that it would be okay to use and modify a template as needed.

I was confused because some things on this site are not free to use for commercial purposes.

But the web templates have separate open-source rights and that is fantastic and greatly appreciated.

I love open source stuff - it's wonderful and helpful.

Free websites

I pay for a host and use Dreamweaver and Fireworks (part of the Dreamweaver suite).

So, I don't go the free route but I tried that when I was starting out years and found that there was usually a catch, such as unwanted ads that are forced onto your site.

But you can try weebly.com, which was recommended previously in this thread. It looks pretty good.

Web templates can be used by any individual or organization to set up their website. Once a template is purchased or downloaded, the user will replace all generic information included in the web template with their own personal, organizational or product information. Templates can be used to:
    Display personal information or daily activities as in a blog.
    Sell products on-line.
    Display information about a company or organization.
    Display family history.
    Display a gallery of photos.
    Place music files such as mp3 on line for play through a web browser.
    Place videos on-line for public viewing.
    To setup a private login area on-line.