Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar

What is it with photographers?

OK I've experienced my first annoying photographer, or more appropriately 'pap' in this case.

Feel free to leave your comments here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4_KMjQEww0

It hasn't quite finished processing yet, but once it loads you'll see :-D

I've removed the audio too as I doubt some of it should really be heard by you guys!

James
    Last edited by lake54; 24th Nov 2009 at 18:09. Reason: Corrected URL

Blog Entries
    Haha, sooo familiar.

Conversely I had a photographer at a shoot in the weekend who was trying too hard to be considerate. He was in shot but it wasn't a problem, except that he kept gesturing in an obvious way to my camera asking if he was in the way. I kept telling him he was fine and to just go about his business but he didn't get the hint, so eventually I had to explain how his "consideration" was actually spoiling my shot.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar
    Indeed, although in this case I'd rather it was your photographer than 'ours' (was actually from a newspaper).

Fits in so well with all of the stories I've heard from you guys.

By the way I'll put a post re my software on some time in the week, am in London for Thursday/Friday, nominated for a volunteering award (part of a group who are in top 3 finalists for an award), plus I'm helping film the event at the O2 (indigO2, slightly smaller but just as impressive!) - see nationalawards.vinspired.com for more details on teh award (Bridge Award -> Changing Faces)

Blog Entries
    Whether a casual shooter or especially a professional one, the photographer should always be aware of of their surroundings.

In media shoots, there is common courtesy in the media's enclosed area, but that can go away quickly depending on who is aggressive because they're not in the right spot to get their shot. If there's anyway to establish who was already setup with a shot and the photographer evading that space should yield and jockey for another position.

But someone who is oblivious, deserves to get reamed especially when it's a blatant act of inconsideration in an area they're not suppose to be in. Thus draws the line between photojournalism and the paparazzi
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Yes, All photographer have some unique idea, but it is depending on the luck, some photographers got award and some try to get.
    Certified Packing Supplies in USA

Ahahah yes, thanks again, our friend..

And you do "again" absolutely have no idea "what these people are talking about", am I correct Boggieman?

You would hope I am not..

regards;
    - kunter ilalan web designer
    follow him on twitter and on MediaCollege