Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Forum Rules

Thanks James

When are you getting your XL1 or has it arrived already????

Chris

Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar
    The one I've found is on eBay and the auction hasn't ended yet. The last one I've been watching finished about an hour ago, final bid was 632 but the seller had a reserve which was higher than that. The one I've been looking at hasn't had many views, and is currently (0 bids) at 575, so more of a reasonable price for what it is.

If I get it, the only thing left to get is a tripod, and I'll be sorted!

James

Blog Entries
    Quote: michealsmith898
    View Post
    Well, In the terms of conditions there was that users are allowed to place links as signatures but there is no option for the signatures editing in the comntrol panel
    Sorry Michael, I've just changed the rules so that only members who have posted 10 approved messages can have a sig link. We're really going all the way to limit this to genuine contributors. I'm sick to death of people posting "me too" and "yes I agree" messages just to up their post counts and shows their sigs. From now on only people who are actually participating will get to enjoy the benefits.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Command Structure

Hello;

10 approved messages(?) - sounds like there's been a little discussion over this sometime, but I'm telling you that this doesn't sound right, either.. at least, not to me.

Even though I would readily suggest making it a hundred, still this wouldn't make much sense as long as there is no mechanism for measuring the content quality that was posted.

" AH YES, COME ON.. ME TOO.. SEE YA.. NICE VIDEO.. GOOD LINK!.. I AGREE.. I AM 19 "

I can't call this as a valid and approved message that was eligible to count and deduct from my official maturity number of 10. In my opinion, this approach will get us to nowhere..

but, unless we establish a valid and approved hierarchy first.. Don't expect the software does a magic to handle this alone, we can make it happen by ourselves.. by acting. I'll explain this in the end, thoroughly.

For now; how can someone at his first appearance drop by the LOBBY and leave a message at will, then this GUIDED message still be LEFT although it was checked by at least two senior staffs - Aw'rite, one juvenile.. Yeah, just kidding. Then, his LINKS were found guilty alone, and his intentions are free to walk away - leaving all the stains behind.. great! You've judged, punished, this time the verdict was given in this way, and the case is closed, right?

But I think the case is ANONYMOUSLY OPEN.. and wide open that is! Still Google or Time Machine crawls into your website and indexes this very web page, so that the history never forgets what has happened in this forum "internally".. Although I am not married, I'm still making sure that the window was covered before I get into bed. Some of your pages, on the other hand, are not.

- - - o o - - -

Given the circumstances, and seeing this last example, I should warn you that my three messages only in the last month were irresponsibly destroyed without any notice, one was presumably inside a thread and that was a foolish mistake since the content of my message was remarkable (took several hours to post) thus, safe to assume it was "a lot more insightful" than the total of all posted messaged signed by James, of course, in comparison.. although it wasn't him - I think, he had no chance to understand either my message was a fluke or not since he hadn't been a web designer and he had lacked of any means to evaluate that. Though, even judging in kilobytes, it would be shame to delete such a message in the blink of an eye.

Moreover, two of of my messages were deliberately deleted afterward - this time, by this James guy (did you punish him - I recommend flogging by Liverpool fans) and the best of it, I haven't received a single apology for the inconvenience that was created by incompetent hands :-D although everybody expressed how sorry they had been. I am politely excluding all the demarche dear Dave Owens showed in the process, however I am, and have always been aware of the situation since the beginning.

Whatever I've told to James I told it to Mediacollege.. &
    Whatever I've read from Mr. Chris Harding, I took it from Mediacollege.

The otherwise is unacceptable and I shall have no compromises.
    My point is not about receiving words.. a repetition of the events will have direct consequences. This isn't about me, this is about the conflict of interests when money becomes one of the variables to this equation. Don't tempt me with your apologies, help me building a better system; or step aside at best.

I'm offering to bring precautions, an order, a competence! I need to move forward, so does this website. I hope we'll use of each others motivations.

- - - o o - - -

In my profile it says, my account had been created in the summer of 2007 - no. If Dave remembers, the real date was much earlier with a big gap between two of them. I don't know when it was, but I do I remember how I had logged on the system and started deleting each and every post of mine "one by one", before (possibly) deleting my account. I don't remember who it was, but I must have been irritated by a senior staff.

My messages are being referred at this website in different places, at least by me..
    and I don't want to see irrelevant stupid messages floating nearby.. Let alone the Engrish commercials !!

- - - o o - - -

This was my intention in the first place starting the campaign with a direct message at the lobby - to protect my own assets, that you are for a devil reason deleting or purging without a feeling of remorse. By coincidence, I found another similar message posted at Video forum or sth. about at the same time, don't remember which had been earlier, and Dave responded to that question in the same manner he had replied to mine publicly. War Against Scum has started..

I see that it's been quite successful so far, and the board is being probed by regular one-timers once every often. I hope, I'm not the only one who's seen this.

Now, I suggest a solid hierarchy enlisted for every major topics to be structured, military structure can be a model as it includes both quantitative and qualitative assessment techniques. But of course, unless you feel you're too much incompatible with the values of something that you've never committed.. anyway..

- - - o o - - -

The Order

Imagine a command officer, assessing if a particular message, in his specific area of expertise, was insightful or not.. this is only his job to evaluate people and their messages so as he could decide to act or stand down, and all he has in this process is one executive officer, who's listening to him, and reporting to him.. Not to someone else, not even to the highest in the hierarchy.

One step above to the pyramid, here we have staff of the higher ranks, those who cannot and shall not directly interfere with another topic's internal routines, but only the board's management.. and of course, responsible for holding meetings for personnel assignments, you name them, etc.. These guys can be the board management and they are expected to be the "master" of something. Paying a bill or a physical maintenance is OK, but not good enough (IMHO).

- - - o o - - -

Being a stranger to Video world or as a casual amateur, for example, I don't think I could assess some other person's post with regards to content quality, insightfulness, its depth, and practical usefulness. However, in web development, I doubt if anyone could deceive me before I noticed first.

And for the good of this board, lobby messages should be restricted - are you planning to make everybody coming here to say "HI" - let them speak with their wisdom and knowledge.. or spare a chit-chat section, so the children play there freely.

SUGGESTIONS!..
    if you people don't speak, others can't hear it; and this time, I want to hear them! There are things in my mind I intend to make them happen.

regards;
    Last edited by kunter; 5th Jan 2010 at 11:10. Reason: I always re-edit.
    - kunter ilalan web designer
    follow him on twitter and on MediaCollege

Posting this last message took 2 hours including all the spell-checks and re-edits.. it's 0815 now..

Literally, I've begun a new day with extensive story-telling in mediacollege - and I hope that you'll think twice before purging it to sink in oblivion.. also I hope it works
    - kunter ilalan web designer
    follow him on twitter and on MediaCollege

Ok... i get it that this isn't THE College...
    But i can't see anywhere button "donate"... This is great site, and it was very helpful to me... I will be glad to donate to site founders, and i think that every donate will be one way to develop this mediacollege community...

Blog Entries
    Thanks very much! There's a donation button on the right side of the home page, and you can find more suggestions on how to support us here.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12