Live stream via IP-cameras

I want to send a live feed/stream on my webpage from my livingroom using a IP-camera and I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a limit to how many people can watch the stream at the same time?

Also, any other tips and advice are most welcome

Blog Entries
    That's usually a function of the host/streaming service you use. Most free services have a limit but it's often quite generous. Some live streaming sites have no limit on free accounts, or have paid upgrades available.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Quote: Dave
    View Post
    Some live streaming sites have no limit on free accounts...
    Hi,

I've looked all afternoon and cannot find such a site. I'm trying to set up an IP camera at our downtown museum to webcast a camera we're mounting our our building, just so visitors to our website can see what's going on downtown at the moment.

The video surveillance software we already have allows "broadcasting with Windows Media encoding" but they recommend we "push" our video stream to a Windows Media server since our DSL connection may not be able to handle a lot of users at once (by a lot, I mean like 25 concurrent users, maximum...we're a small town).

I think what they mean is that we just upload to the host one live stream from our webcam, then they handle rebroadcasting it a higher number of concurrent users. But I can't find a website that charges less than about USD 30/month. Being a non-profit museum, we can't spare that recurring expense just for a "luxury" like a downtown webcam. Can you recommend a free service for us? Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Here's a pretty good article that I found useful. It compares a number of services, including connection limits:
    http://www.sinclairsportsnetwork.com...t-Nov%2009.pdf

(It's a fairly large PDF)
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com