Copyright permission

SOme two days befoer I've sent a message in the contact form of mediacollege.com site. Nobody responded so I'm guessing nobody recieved it (or checked it). Here's the message I sent again in forum:
    Hi! In recent two days I've been slaving at my computer to create my personal website. I can DO php, but css design is a bit challenging. Could you believe that I spend more time trying to make something that I find visually appealing than writing php scripts? Well, I like to stick to css as possible and avoid Javascript whenever I can, but I came across a small problem that NEEDS Javascript. Textarea form element needs to be limited on number of characters. Some 3-4 months ago I DID a Javascript that did just that (to my suprise) however unlike your example http://www.mediacollege.com/internet...haracters.html my didn't had a onKeyUp action and limit number was inside function. I did manage to build it somehow and it looked nice but this time I searched the net and your example was first thing I find. My question is:
    Can I use it or not? I didn't want to take the script without asking to be sure. Yes, you say on your first page that everything is 100% free but I like to be sure.
    Well, needless to say I need a response. I've already placed an example on my php page on my local webserver but until I get a permission I can't use it on my web site that I'm making. Response would be desireable since I'm wasting time now that I could spent trying to make function that does the same thng but on a slighty different way so as not to violate copyright. It's going to be hard as the function is simple but I guess I could change a bit or two to make it less ...better? xD Anyway, somebody should answer me. Yes or no. Thank you for your time.

Go the response. Thread closed. xD

Blog Entries
    Sorry about the delay. I did send you an email a while ago now. If you didn't get it, I said that you do have permission top use the script.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com