Template For My Website.

Hi,

I am going to built a new website for my website with some CMS like wordpress, joomla, silverstripes, please let me know which one give professional out put for my website.

Thanks,

Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar
    What sort of website will it be?

If you're looking to post regular updates, 100% go for WordPress and find/make a good theme for it.

SilverStripe - I've had limited success with this, but otherwise it looks promising.

Joomla! - very hard if you're new to websites, I'd stick to the other two for now.

James

Hello;

I am afraid the correct answer is none of them will provide you with a professional output by any means - since there is no payment involved; suffice to say, nothing is professional.

For visual satisfaction, Joomla is 'from head to toe' up for it, nevertheless I'm using WordPress with several theme enhancements, which I'm making for myself.

regards;
    - kunter ilalan web designer
    follow him on twitter and on MediaCollege

Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar
    Don't wanna start a mini debate here, but just because you don't pay for something, does not mean it's not professional. For example, MediaCollege provides free resources, e.g. focus charts, stock footage, tutorials - the list goes on. These are professional level resources which 'could' be used in commercial situations - I myself use the focus charts etc - free, and professional enough.

In terms of software, free/open source software is just as professional as paid software, sometimes more so. I'd accept that with paid software you get (potentially) more sophisticated support, but from my own current experience running an open source project, the community are delighted to help in almost all cases, and you get many people wanting to improve the code.

Now, thaneer, remember, that it's not necessarily what your site looks like - it's what you write - the content - that is important. It helps, just like selling a house, if it looks nice, but if you put good content on the site, people will go to it more.

James