Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar

Slow Motion issue

OK, so I've been editing a video project on my laptop for a couple of weeks, and after finally getting my more powerful desktop fixed, I transferred the files over to continue working on it. Everything copied fine.

I then had to resume working on the laptop for various reasons, so I copied the files back and reopened the project. Everything is still fine, apart from one section which I'd 'time remapped' to be half speed. On the first laptop round, this played really nice and smoothly. Whilst editing on the desktop, again, this played really smoothly.

When I preview it again on my laptop, it just looks poor. It's lost the smoothness it had originally.

I thought it might be the preview files, so I renamed the folder and rerendered the timeline, but it still does the same. The pre-copy desktop version still plays smoothly.

As it stands, I'm having to recreate some changes I made on my laptop version back onto the desktop version to get it to play right again, as he has just called and said he wants it sooner than I expected.

Any ideas on why this would happen?

I'm using Premiere Pro CS4, and my computer specs are:

Laptop:
    - ASUS N20A
    - Windows 7 Home Premium (32 bit)
    - Intel Core 2 Duo P8600
    - 4GB RAM
    - Intel GMA X4500HD (This is integrated, but works well for me!)

Desktop:
    - ASUS P5N-E MoBo
    - Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit)
    - Intel Core 2 Duo 6600
    - 3GB RAM
    - nVidia 8800 GTX

I think that's all that's needed in terms of specs - anything else important feel free to chip in and ask for!

Many thanks

James

Rather than start a new thread I'll just continue this one as it'll be a simple answer hopefully.

I've got a standard clip on a track on my timeline, from the same source file as another, yet with only a small crop on the bottom, it renders at an extraordinarily slow pace, about 2 frames a second. When there are over 1000 frames, it's quite annoying when this is the only clip playing at that time. There is a cross dissolve at the beginning, but apart from that there's no other effect. It's been slightly resized as well.

Any ideas? Everything else renders very fast.

James

Just to finish this thread off, I finished the video and it's now on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3LmOY6M4N4

Helpful hints and reviews etc would be gratefully received :-D

James