Help! Need a transparent bg for a file I'm transfering to a MAC from PC.

Hey everyone.
    I urgently need your help pls. I have created a logo on a pc on Photoshop CS2 that I will need to transfer to a Mac. But, most importantly I would like to know how I can make the bg transparent and what file I would have to save it as to keep the transparency once I transfer it to Mac.
    I've tried saving it as a jpeg but that didn't work.
    I just learned that I can set the BG as transparent when I create a new
    documnent. But what file would work to keep the transparency I don't know...any suggestions pls.
    Thankx

Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar
    PNG provides the best quality as well as having a 'channel' for transparency. However, this would mean that you can't edit the file like you have been doing.

After you've transferred the file, what do you intend to do with it? If you want to edit it again, save it as a photoshop document, otherwise, as a PNG.

Quote: lake54
    View Post
    PNG provides the best quality as well as having a 'channel' for transparency. However, this would mean that you can't edit the file like you have been doing.
    Well, I've done all my editing already, so I would just save it as a PNG. But do I save it as interlaced or none?

Quote: lake54
    View Post
    After you've transferred the file, what do you intend to do with it? If you want to edit it again, save it as a photoshop document, otherwise, as a PNG.
    After I transfer the file, a friend is going to upload it to Final cut pro as part of a video. But the logo is static of course.
    The bottom line is he would rather highlight the entire logo without any white bg so he all he picks up is the logo not any bg.
    Thanks