Question "File or Stream not found"

Hi everyone,

This player seems awesome but unfortunately I cannot make it function as it is intended. I am in the process of launching a new website but am finding trouble in the player loading my .flv file.

It seems that it is not recognizing the file which is on the same folder of that page. The mcaltair player is loaded through HTML on my page as I could not get it viewed online through JavaScript, removing the .js 'calling' command from the html page, but leaving .swf & .js files in the folder, just in case I manage to use them instead of html code.
    The video file was originally converted from .wmv to .flv through AVS converter software. I even did an extra conversion from the original to .swf which worked fine on the page through macromedia - but seemed to take ages to fully load before playing, and had no pause and stop functions. That is the reason why I decided in adding in an external player!

Is there anything I'm missing out, or doing badly?
    Just for my own knowledge, even though I am not currently using the JavaScript method - The crossdomain.xml file should be in the root [/] or in the folder of your other files, my case being 'Full_SMA-Course'?

The html page where the video is to be played can be found on: http://www.socialmediaavalanche.com/...rse/trial.html [the folder from the root being /Full_SMA-Course] and the .flv file name is 1_IntroWeb2.0.flv.
    Entering the video Url reveals it exists as the browser's dialog box appears to "Open with or Save File". The video file is in the same folder - Full_SMA-Course - under the name 1_IntroWeb2.0.flv. Full video file address is:http://www.socialmediaavalanche.com/...ntroWeb2.0.flv. I even saw the folder and the files through the ftp software, and everything seemed fine to my awareness.

Any help to clear this technical issue would greatly be appreciated as I cannot launch my site without these videos, as they are a vital part. Index page had to be temporarily exchanged with a blank and boring white screen because of this problem.

Kemar

Blog Entries
    Hi Kemar,

It seems to be a problem with the file itself. I downloaded the flv file and I can't play it in any player - I just keep getting "file format" errors.

How did you encode the file? Are you able to play it yourself on your local computer? If so, what player do you use?
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Re:"File or Stream not found"

Hi Dave,

I managed to convert that video which was originally .wmv to .swf and it worked fine online through the AVS Video Converter 6.2 program. The only problem is that it did not have a player skin with play and pause controls and would take ages to load fully before being played.
    So next I decided to get hold of a player and took the original .wmv file again and converted it to .flv, with the same AVS Converter.
    I tried to play it locally on VLC player (VideoLAN) but file was not recognized, but assumed that probably it does not support .flv.
    I do not have any other local player installed that I am aware of on computer so the test was carried directly on a test page online.

The way I converted it is by selecting the original file on AVS and clicked the flash icon to convert it to Flash, which according to tip screen (help/guide) can convert to .swf or .flv. By default the file extension name is Untiltled.swf, so I edited the name to 1_IntroWeb2.0 using the .flv extension before the conversion started.

So my next step is to try and re-convert the file again from the original .wmv and try again, specially after confirming you could not play it. Somehow it it seemed to get corrupted in the process. Any suggestions will greatly be appreciated and thanks for your support.

Kemar

Blog Entries
    Just to clarify - you definitely need to encode it as flv, not swf. swf files are hopeless for video, especially long videos. Also, you can't just change the extension - you need to do the encoding as flv.

If you still have trouble, SUPER Video Encoder is a free encoder that's not too bad, although paid encoders generally work much better.

Good luck.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Ensure you use h264 specifying flv output in your avs...beware sound is lost so you will have to mux with ffmpeg behind:
    Code:
    ----- batch file -------
    set video_input=<your video file without sound>.flv
    set audio_input=<your sound file>.mp3
    set video_output=<your file>_h264_mp3.flv
    set fps=29.97

"C:\Program Files\ffmpeg-r25512\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -i "%audio_input%" -acodec copy -i "%video_input%" -vcodec copy -y "%video_output%"

;pause ;uncomment this line for testing