Technical Quiz - Try it

Hello

I compiled this quiz for my degree level TV Technology students. It's suppose to gauge the level of their technical knowledge. I wrote a lot of the questions using www.mediacollege.com as a revision point for them.

Take it and post your honest results.

But please do email or PM me if you think any of the questions are wrong or misleading or if you'd like to suggest a question. There are a lot of studio specific questions that none of you will know the answer to. Things like "How many inputs are there on our studio vision mixer?"

So take it and have fun: http://www.classmarker.com/embedded_...3c7b5e049e4a0f

If any of you would like to use it or refer students to it then please feel free.

Thanks

Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar
    Hi tilski

Question 37 - it really does depend on what the 'norm' is for what you're shooting IMHO. For example, for someone who predominantly shoots interviews, their answer would probably be Yes, however, a 'nature' videographer would probably answer No.

Questions I got wrong:

6, 15, 16, 22 (didn't select b), 23, 34, (a instead of c), 36, 41, 44, 46, 55, 56, 62 (didn't select c).

James

Blog Entries
    Nice quiz, well done. My score was let down by incorrectly guessing some of your studio questions but other than that I was relieved to get a pass.

I hope to make some similar tests & quizzes so I might use what you've done as a helpful starting point. Thanks!
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Blog Entries
    Nicely done - very good to use as an evaluation tool of a Tech's basic knowledge. Can be easily adaptable to different areas.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Hello

Thanks for taking the quiz guys.

Anyone else out there?

Dave, when I get a moment would you like me to remove my college specific questions so that you can use the quiz else where?

You're more than welcome.

Blog Entries
    Thanks but no, don't worry about doing that. I'll sort something out.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com