Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My camera :-)

Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar
    validated :-)

Quote: ChrisHarding
    View Post
    Hi James

They took absolute ages to do me!!! If you have nothing after a week then try a re-register and see what happens or try another email to Chris Hurd..I think he is quite busy!!!

Chris
    Hey Chris,

Nice to have you here.. And James nice to be with you too.. thanks for your post Mr Chris.. may I know what exactly you do.. ?? I think you are professional photographer.. ?? Is it so..??? No worries.. tell me something about that lil LED light which you told about to eliminate the noise..

Pleasure to meet you both..

Regards,
    James

Just had my first proper 'outing' with the HD1000 - excellent!

Unfortunately I won't be able to post any of the footage online for you to see as it involves younger people from my school, so don't want to get into any legal issues, and I really can't be bothered blurring everyone's faces out (it's a drama production with a ton of movement)

In terms of feel, it's excellent. easy to control, perhaps because of it's lightness it does tend to 'float' a bit more noticeably, but I found it very nice to use on the whole.

Just watched some of the footage I've been capturing, and I have to say the difference between this and the SD Sony PD150 is noticeable, in terms of colour clarity etc. Sound seems to be OK too.

Will try to get some footage from this Friday (musical event) and see how that goes. 99% of that audio will be from a mixer to my laptop, so may not get the chance to "hear" that side of things.

James

Ugh.

Just spent the last couple of hours tidying up the supposedly quick edit. The idea was to film the rehearsal, capture it to my PC, make sure it was OK, edit out the ends and middle bits, then export it, so abotu 10 minutes worth of actual editing time.

Ohhhh no.

The first half of the piece was on the tape I got with the camera. The second half was with a batch I ordered myself from a supplier, supposedly a reliable one. The tapes were actually the same model etc, slightly different case on the actual tape, but otherwise exactly the same, Sony DVM 63 or something.

First tape's footage was perfect, flawless. Second tape had numerous dropouts every few minutes, throwing the audio off each time. Had to go through the entire thing picking out these bits, removing the poor footage, and resynching the audio. Nightmare. Plus I lost my parent's emails (well, nearly, got it all back in the end) so had to do that too!

Nothing to do with the camera though :-) Sent an email off to the supplier complaining.

James

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12