Thread: jvc rx-515vtn

jvc rx-515vtn

hi-looking for a user operating manual for a jvc rx-515v or vtn, its a digital surround system receiver. i am trying to find out connection scenarios or if i can actually hook it up to the new hd lcd t,v, units. if any help...greatly appreciated-doug

Blog Entries
    The closest I could find is the RX-554RBK - it's in our database of operating manuals.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Quote: knottypine
    View Post
    hi-looking for a user operating manual for a jvc rx-515v or vtn, its a digital surround system receiver. i am trying to find out connection scenarios or if i can actually hook it up to the new hd lcd t,v, units. if any help...greatly appreciated-doug
    Hi I found an owners maual on Ebay for the same system and then the next day I found mine. I would be willing to send it to you for what I paid for it if you're still interested in getting one. Will e-mail you copy of the transaction from paypal if you want it. I paid 11.00. Doclytle
    (Am new to this site so you might want to e-mail me at drlytle1@insightbb.com)
    Last edited by Doclytle; 10th Jan 2007 at 18:59. Reason: email address

manual for jvc rx-515vtn

I have the manual in front of me. Since this is old technology, it will not synch with newer video language. the pcb board on this receiver is of Pro-Logic I. Not II. I have tried to use it as in surround sound mode and it does not work with the DVD players nor the LCD/plasma TV. You can still utilize the reciever in stereo mode, but not surround.
    I still love my receiver and was happy that I was able to resauter some of the connections on the bottom, it shorted out on me.