GIFs not working

Here's my problem. Maybe someone here can help me out. I have PS6 w/ Image Ready 3. I can create the animations. I can save them as gifs. I can even preview them in my web browser, but if I try to upload the file to a website that supposedly supports .gifs, (it does. I have seen others on there that do work) the animation doesn't play. Am I missing a step?
    I finish the animation and have the optimised set as .gif. I go to File> Save Optimised As. It has the option for .gif (images only). Is this the option I should select, or one of the others?
    I know I am missing something. This is really frustrating me. I can usually figure things out on my own, but I am lost on this one. Any help is appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Sounds odd that you can preview it in your browser correctly but it doesn't work when you upload it. Can you upload the file here or give us a URL where it's located?
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar
    How big is the saved file? If it's fairly large, then your computer may still be downloading it from the website.

James

Quote: Dave
    View Post
    Sounds odd that you can preview it in your browser correctly but it doesn't work when you upload it. Can you upload the file here or give us a URL where it's located?
    Can't do the URL but this is one I made. I can preview in the browser but when I upload it, it only shows the first frame
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar
    The attachment you have works fine for me.

Quote: lake54
    View Post
    The attachment you have works fine for me.
    Now I have a new problem and it has to be the settings. When I upload the file, it's like the layers show up fractured and it doesn't play the way it's supposed to...
    I created the animation, the one you see here and when I upload it on the site in question, it shows the animation but the first layer shows up as if it has been centered on the background image, thus fractured. Is it because of how I made the file, or some setting that I have wrong?
    For instance, the one you see here. I started with a simple background image (the red ellipse) and created duplicate layers. ON each layer is just overlayed more and more color until it faded.
    Well, the background image shows up, but the animation itself shows up as being offset from the background like a picture within a picture sort of thing. I must have missed a step, any help?

Blog Entries
    Sorry I'm having a hard time visualizing this one. Perhaps it could be related to which layers are visible in each frame, but I'm not sure that would account for the displaced image. Hard to tell without seeing it.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com