Peavey 315s questions

Hello all,

I recently aquired one Peavey 315s that needs a little work. I already have a source for the replacement jacks, though still need a wiring diagram. In the end I would like to hook it to an amp to use for my electronic drums (Yamaha DTX III)

Given the inputs on this sound reinforcement system speaker (see pic), is that feasable? (the DTXIII has right/left 1/4" outs) If the individual speakers are OK can I expect good full range sound out of it?

If yes to the above, what might be a good choice for a low price amp? (auto??) Also, any hookup tips/ideas would be great. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    I don't think you necessarily need an additional wiring diagram. If your able to remove the old connector, just resolder the wires the same way on the new one. Make a diagram of the color of the wire and which pin it's connected to, if necessary.

Quote: MachWon
    If the individual speakers are OK can I expect good full range sound out of it?
    If yes to the above, what might be a good choice for a low price amp? (auto??) Also, any hookup tips/ideas would be great. Thanks!
    This may seem a bit philosophical but it is part of my technical personality. Just like anything in life, "expecting", can some times lead you to disappointments. Don't expect anything - I think it's more of what you find, "acceptable". Will you find the sound acceptable? After all, it's on an instrument that you'd want to sound a certain way.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Thanks and right you are.. I don't need a wiring diagram for the re-soldering of the jacks, it's for the speaker hookup to the crossover. Unfortunately they came disconnected and are not marked on the circuit board. Three lead pairs for the three speakers; red/black, white/black and blue/yellow all pairs nearly the same length with identical connectors so I can't be sure which goes where.

Same issue with wanting to know what sort of sound to expect. I'm hoping to get someone familiar with the model and let me know whether or not it can be used alone, with a stereo input, as well as whether or not it would handle the range of a musical instrument, or if it was built more for simple PA duty. Knowing fully well that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.