Making rgb logo jpeg converted to png transparent

Went to how to create a transparent background in photoshop (1). Followed directions up to creating new file make transparent. The file was made and duplicated on the screen. Now I have the original photo and the new transparent file on the screen. How do I add my file by copying and pasteing into the new layer. It does not let me copy or paste? How do I do that?

Ray

Blog Entries
    Make sure the files use the same image mode (Image > Mode in the menu). Go to the photo and "select all" (Ctrl-A or Select > All). You should then be able to paste into the new file.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Making photo background transparent in Adobe Photo Shop

Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I will follow your instructions and let you know how I made out. I have tried many other options and ways to change the background to transparent, but did not work. Is there any way to contact you right away, if maybe I am doing something wrong in Adobe. Can you call or email me? Please let me know.

Thanks so much, Ray. 917-838-6140 email: ryarl@nyc.rr.com

Blog Entries
    Honestly, the best way to communicate with me at the moment is right here in the forum. It's true that I can be a bit slack replying to messages here but you should see my email inbox by comparison. Not pretty, and not much chance of getting a response that way any time soon
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Thanks Dave, I tried to paste the image like you said, and it worked. I used the magic wand and hit delete, with the photo in the new file that was transparent. I saved it as a EPS file and brought into Quark 5.0 p.c. and there was still a white background? If that worked, then I would save the file as a Tiff, uncompressed @ 300 DPI. When I use the magic wand and it shows the moving area around the image and hit delete, how do I save or complete the action to stop the area from moving around the image or should it keep showing the function moving or pulsating when I save the file? What am I doing wrong?

The image was a jpeg that I changed to an EPS file. I made sure that they were both cmyk mode before using the magic wand. Maybe a step by step approach may help? I know that I am doing something wrong. First I used new file, and made transparent, what else should be checked off as far as bits, etc. Also having a size problem of image on new file? Can you help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much, Ray.

Blog Entries
    To be honest I probably can't help much as I don't use EPS and I don't know much about the format. I do know that EPS files have an issue with previews, in that the preview isn't always presented consistently between applications. Sometimes the transparent area is shown as white, which could make it hard to know if it's really transparent or not. It could be that the only way to know for sure is to print it.

Is it possible to select the white area and set the fill to "none"? I'm stabbing in the dark a bit here.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com