Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It sounds like the general consus is using composite video with amplification for my long runs. We are currenly using this solution to run to our projector and it seems to be very clean. We are using a long run s-video cable on one of our camera and have some quality issues. My next question is this - Should we replace the s-video with composite or use s-video over cat 5 using bluns? This is advertised as a very good solution but I cant find anyone doing it. Is s-video going to be that much better than composite that I should even risk the time and expense to try it?

s-video baluns

Any experience with video baluns?

The link to a s-video balun with two audio signals from Black Box is listed below:
    http://catalog.blackbox.com/BlackBox...al+Audio+Balun

Advertisement
    Send a video signal and two audio channels from S-video equipment up to 1000 feet over 4-pair CAT5 cable and save!
    Eliminate the expense of coax and break the distance barrier of 300 ft. (91.4 m).
    Ideal for use in classrooms, presentations, videoconferencing, video kiosks, home audio/video systems, and more.
    Use with S-Video equipment, such as DVD players, VCRs, satellite receivers, laptops, LCD projectors, plasma screens, and more.
    Move and connect video equipment to any modular outlet easily.
    Guaranteed for life!
    Cost: $85 per cable end

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12