Blog Entries

About the forum changes

As you can see, there have been a lot of changes to the forum. As I write this I'm still working on various issues so please bear with me as I continue.

I don't usually like making such major changes all at once but I felt this was the best way. The forum software (vBulletin) has had a big upgrade and we need to be on board with that. I could have tried to keep the look and feel the same as before but it would have meant an awful lot of modification to the software, and I've found that mods end up being a real problem further down the track. The last version was heavily modified and it was a nightmare every time I needed to implement new patches. This time I've decided to keep mods to a minimum and only make changes that are really important. Please do let me know if there's anything you think doesn't work and I'll consider changing it.

A few notes:

• Some forums have been moved into sub-forums. This is partly to lay the groundwork for adding more sub-forums later.
    • You can now post videos from YouTube and other major video-sharing websites (see the video icon in the toolbar above the message form).
    • The forum uses a different system for remembering read/unread messages. It should be much better now.
    • I've opened up the blog system to approved users, so if you want to start your own blog here you can do so.
    • I'm working on a new "Newsroom" which I'll unveil soon.

There's probably lots more to be aware of but that will do for now. Fire ahead with questions & comments.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Blog Entries
    I've added the Newsroom - you can find the link in the menu above. It's very new and experimental, but the plan is to share relevant news stories with a bit of commentary etc. I slapped together a few quick stories to get the ball rolling - hopefully in future we'll be able to get a bit more in-depth coverage happening. if anyone feels like being a contributing journo, let me know.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar
    Wahey I'm loving this Dave!

So much faster too!

Dave, nice upgrades since i was here last. It is looking good man
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys. I've given the home page a bit of a makeover too. I've got more ideas but I'm taking it one step at a time.

Hopefully when I've got these initial changes finished I'll be able to settle into a routine of updating and adding to the tutorials.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Wow, after being absent for so long, i quite like the new forums.

Defiantly coming back for good

Blog Entries
    That's nice to hear... thanks and welcome back
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com