Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screenshots

Screenshots

Aloha

I need to make Prints of a few frames from a DVD any one know how I should do this.

Blog Entries
    I assume you only have the DVD and not the original footage/editing project. If so, the easiest method is probably to play the DVD on your computer, pause it at the right frame and then hit the print screen key (on Windows - if you're on a Mac see this page). That copies the screen to your clipboard from where you can paste it into an image editor such as Photoshop. Crop & do whatever else you need to, then print.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Aloha Dave

Tried this but something I must be doing wrong. After the <print scree> I opened Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 and could see the image. However when I tried to print or save I got only a black frame.

What did I miss, and BTW, you are correct I have only a DVD not the original footage

Mahalo
    Eric

Blog Entries
    What are you using the play the DVD? Many DVD programs have an option to export still frames.

Can you also tell me exactly which operating system you're using? In WinXP the print screen problem is caused by the type of video overlay used by Windows Media Player - you can fix it by going to Tools > Options > Performance > Advanced and disabling overlays. I don't know if the same applies to Vista/Win7.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Aloha Dave

I had tried it using HP Quick Play that came with this computer. I am using XP PRO so will try it again using your sugestions.

Mahalo
    Eric

Quote: Dave
    View Post
    What are you using the play the DVD? Many DVD programs have an option to export still frames.

Can you also tell me exactly which operating system you're using? In WinXP the print screen problem is caused by the type of video overlay used by Windows Media Player - you can fix it by going to Tools > Options > Performance > Advanced and disabling overlays. I don't know if the same applies to Vista/Win7.
    Aloha Dave

Tried this but got the same results, the Print funtion returns a black page, but in Premier Elements I can see the frames I need.

If you can suggest a better viewer that has this option I will try this. Hope your suggestion is a free one as money is tight for me.
    Last edited by EricTheater; 13th Mar 2010 at 21:09. Reason: Addition

Quote: EricTheater
    View Post
    Aloha Dave

Tried this but got the same results, the Print function returns a black page, but in Premier Elements I can see the frames I need.

If you can suggest a better viewer that has this option I will try this. Hope your suggestion is a free one as money is tight for me.
    Aloha Again

Spent all day Saturday trying to document certain actions/problems by printing screenshots from a DVD. I tried your suggestions for WMP, installed three other viewers, one at a time, none of them would give me the shots, the last one still not uninstalled Corel's would not even let me view any dvd's. These were all trial versions.

My future hangs on showing who did what.

Blog Entries
    Try VLC Player - I believe it works with DVD screen capture although I can't guarantee it. Let me know how you get on and I'll try to respond more quickly this time.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Quote: Dave
    View Post
    Try VLC Player - I believe it works with DVD screen capture although I can't guarantee it. Let me know how you get on and I'll try to respond more quickly this time.
    Mahalo, This one worked. Thank You, Mahalo.
    Eric

Blog Entries
    Kia ora Eric, good result
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast