what is a 'key number'?

Hi,
    I am having to produce a couple of videos for a client that is sponsoring my city's football team. The 30 sec spots will play on the screens at the stadium. The stadium's tech people have let us know that each spot must have a 'key number'.

Can anywone explain exactly what they mean? And what is a 'key number' in the modern sense...I know for film they are this:

Numbers on the side of film stock created during film manufacture that are visible on the developed negative and positive prints made therefrom
    But can someone explain what they are requesting when asking for a key number?

Thanks,
    Edit/Delete Message

I was just curious to find out that even Wikipedia doesn't know!! I do know on film that the frame number is printed on the non emulsion side so you know which side is top on a slide/neg or movie film.

Unless they are expecting you to supply these spots on movie film, probably the safest thing to do is ask them exactly what they mean???? I assume that you will supply on either tape or DVD so it's best to just phone them and get sone clarification!!

(Let us know too please!!!!)

Chris

Blog Entries
    I agree with Chris.

It's possible someone has their terms mixed up. Maybe they need a running time or Time Code?
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

A "Key Number" is...

A "Key Number" is a broadcast term. All Television commercials are given a "Key Number" by the production company that creates them. That number is used to schedule the add on-air. If the stadium is asking for one you can make up your own. A "Key Number" is usually made up of letters and numbers. For example a KFC commercial "Key Kumber" might be "KFC021210A30". "KFC" is the company, "021210" might be the end date (2nd of December 2010) and the "A" might be for the Hot n Spicy add in a campaign that has 3 adds in it and the "30" is for the duration.

Josh Rockman
    Rockmans Creative Media

Who has the right to put key no.

An one please suggest who has the right to put the "Key No." the releasing agency or the Creative Agency ?

Who can put the key no. in a print ad - the Releasing agency or the creative agency if the creative is made outside ?

Blog Entries
    Quote: svarinder
    View Post
    Who can put the key no. in a print ad - the Releasing agency or the creative agency if the creative is made outside ?
    I don't think you'll find your answer in this Video Forum, svarinder. Try the Graphics Forum.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.