obegun

HDV Footage Audio Out Of Sync

Good day guys and how are you? I am currently working on an HDV footage that is about just 2GB.I recorded audio using a boom mic directly into the camera.My problem is that when playing the footage in Adobe Premiere, the picture quality is very good so is the motion of the video but the aaudio is playing out of sync.When i play the clip in other programs like power DVD or Windows media its playing very fine.Any suggestions.

Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar
    Right click on the monitor and select 'Draft Quality'.

Also, try checking to make sure that you haven't accidentally slipped the audio along.

There are a few other 'checks' which you can carry out, but I'd recommend reimporting, or replacing the existing timeline footage again, by including both video and audio (i.e. don't drag 'Just Video' etc)

James

Blog Entries
    Also, does the audio synch drift or is it constant? In other words, does it start okay and get worse, or is it always the same offset?
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

obegun
    Audio is always the same offset.

Camera Operator/Producer lake54's Avatar
    Can you not just drag the audio to be in sync then? I'm personally convinced that you must have shifted it accidentally, if it plays fine in other programs.

James

Blog Entries
    It does sound like the audio track has moved relative to the video track, but that would be easy enough to test by reconstructing the tracks as James suggested. If it keeps doing it, the next step is to determine if it's just the playback that's affected or the rendered output. Naturally you can test that by rendering and playing the resulting file in another player. If it's just the playback, that suggests your computer isn't keeping up and the draft preview idea makes sense. If it's still there on the rendered output, I'm starting to get lost for ideas.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

obegun
    Tried everything but had a hard time still. Eventually imported the same footage to Vegas Pro and everything went on smoothly without hassles. I also worked on the same machine and am now wondering what really happened.Is it premiere pro or what but have always used Premiere and have never encounted such a problem.Thanks for all the ideas.