Sony HDR-CX110 AVCHD video to Final Cut Express

I have a Sony HDR-CX110 camcorder and it produced the video file of .mts.When i tried to edit these video file with Final Cut Express, i noticed that .mts files can not be recognised by Final Cut Express. I googled a lot and got that FCE can not support AVCHD video files.
    But i am not clear what video formats FCE can support?
    And what programme should i use to accomplish the conversion.

Hi there gabrie,

I have not messed around with .mts files before, but you can try to download this little powerful freeware called Streamclip MPEG.

On Apple website, it vaguely describes acceptable inputs as:

• Plug-and-play support for most DV25-format camcorders and decks: MiniDV and DVCAM (NTSC or PAL)
    • Plug-and-play support for most HDV-format camcorders and decks: 720p, 1080i
    • Plug-and-play support for most AVCHD-format camcorders and decks: 720p, 1080i*
    • FireWire device control of most FireWire-equipped MiniDV camcorders from such leading manufacturers as Sony, Canon, Panasonic, and JVC
    • Capture window for naming, adding comments to, and organizing clips as they are captured
    • Log and Transfer window for naming, adding comments to, organizing, and transferring AVCHD clips
    • Incremental clip naming during capture when a recording break is discovered
    • Still image importing for PSD, BMP, JPEG, PICT, PNG, SGI, TARGA, and TIFF formats

Above taken from Apple

There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore