Thread: DVD Architect

DVD Architect

Aloha

Wasn't sure if I should continue in the old topic or start a new one, so I did a new one.

I think I have finished the project in Sony Vegas Pro. The original is 1080i high def.16x9, how do I get that to DVD Architect in that format to prepare the DVD. The previous guide gives me a smaller image.

Mahalo for all the help.
    Eric

Hi Eric

If you were working with 1440x1080i footage I will then assume that you have rendered the footage out to MPEG2???? DVD is a standard def format so you need to render your edit ..Choose "MainConcept MPEG2" and the use the "NTSC DVD Widescreen" template and then you can import the files into DVDA

I actually dislike Architect!!! so I use DVD Lab from Mediachance ..it is a lot simpler and easier.

Chris

Aloha

Using Sony Architect for only the second time I am begining to dislike it also. But right now I cant spend more money.

This second project also in 1440x1080i footage has an overlay section that is perfect in Vegas Pro 9.?d. When I sent it to Architect the overlay was delayed. the other thing the chapter were ahead of where I wanted them. The were correct as I previewed the scenes.

Any Idea what I might have done and what to do to correct it?

Another Question about setting up the defaults to my "E" drive (actually 2 striped as Raid 0)?

Mahalo
    Eric

Quote: ChrisHarding
    View Post
    Hi Eric

If you were working with 1440x1080i footage I will then assume that you have rendered the footage out to MPEG2???? DVD is a standard def format so you need to render your edit ..Choose "MainConcept MPEG2" and the use the "NTSC DVD Widescreen" template and then you can import the files into DVDA

I actually dislike Architect!!! so I use DVD Lab from Mediachance ..it is a lot simpler and easier.

Chris

Progress, a little

Quote: EricTheater
    View Post
    Aloha

Using Sony Architect for only the second time I am begining to dislike it also. But right now I cant spend more money.

This second project also in 1440x1080i footage has an overlay section that is perfect in Vegas Pro 9.?d. When I sent it to Architect the overlay was delayed. the other thing the chapter were ahead of where I wanted them. The were correct as I previewed the scenes.

Any Idea what I might have done and what to do to correct it?

Another Question about setting up the defaults to my "E" drive (actually 2 striped as Raid 0)?

Mahalo
    Eric
    Well, I must have accidentally moved the video without realizing it as it was off in the original Vegas project.

Now to the second question, What are the default's that are recommended?

And an observation, no post since April 19 wow.

Hi Eric

I haven't used Architect since about 2004!!! so I can't help..it frustrated me so I move (happily) to DVD Lab ... worth every cent and only $49!!! With DVDLab I render out of Vegas as an MPEG2 using the PAL Widescreen format but then again, I only create SD projects from HD footage as none of my clients have a BD player!!!

Hope you get someone who can help soon????

Chris

Quote: ChrisHarding
    View Post
    Hi Eric

Chris
    Dear friend,

I am a newbie and wish to clarify my doubt.

While I use DVD Lab pro, it accepts movies in MPEG format only. I am also aware that DVD files ( VOB ) has MPEG-2 format.

My problem is That I have movies in avi format and the file size becomes larger after conversion. Also the video quality after conversion becomes reasonably dull.

Please help me to overcome the problem. I have further more queries about using DVD Lab. I'll raise them if you don't have any objection

You need to first edit your AVI files and render them out to MPEG2 or get one of the many video converters out there to do the job if you don't need to edit. Yes, DVD Lab will only accept MPEG2 video and will then compile that into VOB files. Ideally you should be looking at a NLE software package to edit your video first.

If you don't have one you can also use Windows MovieMaker which is free

Chris.. I was given my first task, which was to create a DVD, with a custom Menu, and a "loop-all" feature. I had just brought Vegas Pro 8 at this time, so DVD Architect was the obvious choice. And now i can't imagine to use anything else.

The program can be a bit hard at first, i would agree on that. But once you know how to work with it, its really easy to get stuff done.. I learned how to use it in about a few hours.

You can even prepare the DVD in Architect, and burn it with the free CDburnerXP. But so far, i haven't really had the need to do that, because the build-in burner works flawlesly for me.